I found these mini baseball pennants last week at Dick's Sporting Goods for $14.99.
There are 30 of them, one for every Major League Baseball team. You can also get them here.
I have been feeling like my boys' room was lacking some personality. Since our playroom is located
on the third floor of our home, they really don't keep many toys in their room. Therefore, not much
time is spent there, other than sleeping. However, I still want it to be a fun room infused with some
of their personality. They are both huge baseball fans so when I found these mini pennants, I knew
they would be perfect in their room. I strung some twine up and used clothes pins to attach the pennants.
The boys were so excited when I called them upstairs to see the new addition to their room.
They have been having a blast trying to learn all the teams.
My seven year old is having much better luck, since he knows how to read.
In addition to adding the pennants, I also decided to give this boring old dresser a coat of paint.
The style of the dresser is not my favorite, but it is very sturdy and we actually bought it for the nursery when we were expecting our first baby. So it has some sentimental value.
Here it is with one coat of paint on the drawers (after a light sanding).
The base of the dresser has two coats and some glaze on it.
The lighting is very bad, sorry, I had a bright lamp in the room while I was painting.
Here it is all finished.
I am really happy with the way it turned out.
I slightly distressed it after two coats of paint a coat of dark glaze.
I bought these fun knobs at Hobby Lobby.
I'm only showing you 3/4 of the dresser because when I went to get the knobs, I was counting severn drawers in my head, so I bought seven knobs. Hello, four of the drawers needed two knobs for each drawer, that makes a total of ten. Math was never my strongest subject!
I haven't yet made a trip back to Hobby Lobby for the last three.
Later this week, I'll show you my next victim piece of furniture that is being made over.
It will soon be making its way to the master bedroom.
I am sharing with:








0 comments:
Post a Comment