Sweet Nothings

Happy Monday!  What'd you do for your weekend? It's still the weekend for me, because today is MLK day! No school is always a wonderful thing.  I'm excited to read everyone's posts on what they did for their random act of kindness this week.  I love that the blogging community can make a difference in our own little towns and cities.  I joined with these beautiful ladies to hopefully spread some love this past week by doing sweet little nothings for people in our communities! 


Yesterday I took my Sunday trip to The Tea Cup to do homework, but first I stopped in at Starbucks.  I went up to the register and purchased a gift card with $10 on it.  Then I told the barista I was doing something a little different.  I asked him to keep the gift card and give it to the next person who walked in to order a drink and just tell them that it was a gift from a girl who came in who's trying to spread kindness and pay it forward.  He was shocked! In a good way (:  He said, "Wow! I've never had anyone do that.  This is awesome."  Even HE smiled, and it wasn't even for him!  I, of course, left the store before I could see who he gave it to, but I'm guessing they enjoyed it.  As soon as I walked out I was so overcome with joy, knowing that {hopefully} I made someone's day!  


It's funny, I was kind of in a funk today; missing home, overwhelmed and such, but as soon as I did this, I felt happy.  I realized life isn't all about me.  It's about touching other people and making a difference.  It's about smiles and laughter and serving.  Even if you don't get the recognition for it.  So while I was challenged to make someone's day, it in turn made my day as well! Now isn't that special?! I think so.  I'm going to try to do this once a month...trying someone different each time.  Now Megan, Jamie, Nicole and I want to hear about what YOU did! Tell us by commenting or linking up to Megan's linky party!

{via Gem Photo}
Also, if you didn't do a random act of kindness yet, don't worry! Megan's going to leave up the link party for the whole week so no one is left out, because she. is. awesome.

Stay tuned for the link to the blog I'm writing for the boutique by my school. It's almost up and running! And THANK YOU for all the compliments and congratulations I received when I told you all the news.  You're too sweet! 

In other news, yesterday I was lucky enough to meet Maggie from her blog, Maggie Rose.  She's a design blogger, and now a REAL LIFE friend, who lives by me. She's adorable, charming and we've got lots in common! If you haven't seen her blog- head on over! It's a delight (:


I'm linking up with:
Photobucket
Love and Spreading Kindness,

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...