Clay Craft Part 1


Creating with Clay
Part 1
The Big Cut Out

 zzzzzz

A couple of weeks back I featured
Heaven’s Walk as one of the blogs
that inspired me. Here’s one of the reasons.
These clay tags.
So, I asked Laurie which clay she used.
I literally spent some time staring at
several options at Hobby Lobby
last week.
So, I found one of her recommendations.


This is an air dry clay –
So the first step
was to choose from my cookie cutters
my desired shapes.
I then opened the package according to
recommendations – I wasn’t planning to
use the whole package the first attempt.


It is a very silky, smooth clay and
very malleable. I chose to do this
on a vinyl surface - the cut-outs
were easy to manipulate.
Also, I was able to smooth the edges
with my fingers without disturbing
the overall shape.
Now, they're drying.


The next step will be to paint and stamp them.
I found my clay at Michael's Craft Store
last night. They didn't have the other
clay recommended, Kato.

I am sharing this post with 





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...