
Then very early the next day we set off at 5.45am, car loaded. When we arrived at the Rangeworthy Village hall there was a stillness and quietnes about the place as bloggers unpacked and displayed their goodies.
I enjoyed meeting everyone very much. Who would ever have thought that an event like this would happen and bring so many virtual friends together for a day!
It was wonderful talking to everyone. so many lovely ladies with lots of talent.
Blogging can have such a positive effect on people lives when they are happy to share idea's and encourage others to have a go at something new to them. Being creative and helping others to be creative is how it was always done, sharing our skills and talents is what brought people together, knitting circles and the like. This is what should be encouraged, turn that TV off and start a crafting together night for the neighbours.
My stall looked a little bare really. Some of the tables were packed with so much it was a real feast for the eyes.Our table was next to Sea Angels, who has the most wonderful designs. I have learnt quite a lot from Lynn, I now have the crafting bug really bad!
I can't help but smile when I see how little we had to sell, no wonder the punters passed quickly!

We did sell quite a few bits and pieces and we have been asked to supply a little shop, which is very exciting as I have never done that before!
We all enjoyed our day together. It has been an experience that I would probably never had, had it not been for Blogging and the lovely Michele and Jayne for organising it..thank you X.
And moving on........ to Moving Out and squeezing in!
And the move, phew...... what a terrible day that was. I cannot even bring myself to tell you about it...but trust me when I say it was the worst moving out day and night, I have ever experienced.I have moved home 8 times now. We should be experts at this!
To squeeze two homes into one is very hard. Far too much stuff I have accumulated over the years.Now it is almost all unpacked, moved about, given away, sold or stored in the garage, which now looks like a reclamation yard, peace is returning to the house.

Coasters and dishes moved to London too.....
Yet more twiggy wreaths and hearts on my walls.
One of my most favorite prints is on the wall outside my bedroom...for the moment anyway! it will all be moved again no doubt.
Our old faithful brass bedstead has been passed onto my youngest daughter, it looks so pretty in her bedroom, it was too small for us now really. So the king size bed from the cottage is now in my bedroom and another very old water stained print, which looks so much like my daughter-in-law it is untrue has been put in my room too.

Yet another old print, which has pride of place in the boy's nursery. This room is due for a touch of Farrow & Ball soon.
I had a few pieces of Pewter at the cottage, something that I had never liked very much when I was younger. Love it now though. 
This is the bookcase that was on the landing but had to be moved down to the family room so that my old dressing table and mirror could have a home here rather than be sold. Even the rug was from the cottage, the dogs think they are in rug heaven! Much to my annoyance. I vacuum it TWO times a day!
More prints. This one I found in a Charity shop for £5.00 but framing it cost £60.00! worth every penny though.
Sofa Village. I had so many once the cottage sofa's arrived home here. So big change around and I sent the offspring home with trucks full to bursting. The sofa covers were washed and my Kate Forman cushions arranged nicely, they all look very much at home. Good match.
Little piles of things can still be found here and there, but generally we are nearly sorted. My old dressing table, a lovely and quite big linen chest is on the landing. this picture does not do it justice. This is a beautiful piece of furniture, very touchable.Bye all. Have a good week and wrap up well, it is cold out there. Cxx







0 comments:
Post a Comment