Vintage Enamel, Spicey Cook Book & Lakelands

No News Yet!
But this baby is definitely going to be here by next Tuesday as Katie will have to be taken into hospital on Monday and be induced.
We have tried a few old wives tricks....didn't work.
So any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed as Katie would dearly love to stay at home to have this baby.
I have always wanted Cath Kidston's Wooden Stanley.
I love Lakeland's and would recommend anyone thinking abut having a dog to read up on this breed.
They are very intelligent, extremely loyal, love the children and other dogs, are small - so very easy to look after and transport about....mine has been to the pub inside my big handbag!
And most importantly, they do not moult .....you have to strip out the old fur which is very easy to do, Guy appeared to be in a very relaxed mood and enjoyed having his fur pulled out...it does not hurt!
The best tip I can offer is....tough love....Lakeland's being of the Terrier breed need firm Mum's, no nonsense; otherwise they will dominate you!
Cath Kidston has not included Stanley in the toy section this year - she may do later I was told. I called a few CK shops and managed to locate one which was sent from Brighton to Tunbridge Wells.....new shop and just wonderful!
I went with hub and collected it on Saturday.
For now, he is on display with my most recent EBay purchase a felt Stanley on the mantle and will be relocated to the nursery later.

Walking, walking and more vintage enamelware.
Katie and I went to Otford for little shopping and lunch.
We have been walking a lot in the hope that gravity will work its wonders.
I spotted this white enamel colander and had to give it a new home....love white.
And a vintage Tea Towel which I will embroider my initials on in red.
Also found this lovely white enamel Sugar container which I have filled with little children friendly sweeties...for good little boys and me.

A new enamel tin from John Lewis ....not as nice as the old but I cannot find a Vintage one for soap powder.
Lastly, this is a gorgeous book to own...if you like cook books and spicy food this is a must.
The pictures are big and bright and make you want to try something new.
I should make a hot and spicy Thai curry for Katie !

Cook books with big pictures are the best.

Have a great week all, I pray that on my next post I have some good news.
Carol xx



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...