A Cotswold House Tour

A new Cotswold House Book

I first want to say thank you for all your nice and interesting comments on my new garden patio.

And...

Thank you Michele infocowboysandcustard.blogspot.com/ for sharing your music playlist and introducing me to a great musician...John Mayer

Now...

Inside the new book!

More.....

As I know that so many of you love to look
at house mag's,
I thought you may enjoy a little tour of my Cotswold cottage.

The front of the cottage.
A climbing Hydrangea - which I like to keep well cut back!
The Mullion windows are the originals.....a little bit drafty
but I could not replace them as they have such character.

~~~

A little glimpse at my new kitchen - painted cream.

The Kitchen in tiny but cute.
More jugs ! I have a collection here too!


The image below shows the thickness of the walls.
The little oval window is original and is in the en-suite bathroom.
More Jugs!

A little chair that I painted.......yes I paint everything!


As soon as I spotted this old pine mirror...I just had to have it!

A green dish from an old junk shop.....I think it cost 50p!
I drip essential oil on the cones.


The potpourri pot was another bargain £1 and is filled with Lavender.
This is the mantle in my bedroom.

Hearts everywhere!

The window on the landing.

Two more bargains!
I cannot remember how much but I know that I have seem them for a lot more that I paid for them.
The colour of the walls are
Farrow & Ball 'Blackened' it is a sort of very pale grey/blue.

A twig wreath on the landing
and one of the many hearts that I have bought on EBay.

In the courtyard garden.
My Gargoyle....is he not cute?

The garden pots are watered by and irrigation system - as I am not able to water them myself often.
Great idea, especially when you go on holiday.

Candle light for balmy summer evenings.

The new leaves are just appearing....all fresh and green.

New wall basket.

The courtyard garden.

A water feature.
I have planted Baby Tears and Water cress in the water to keep it clean...it works well!

The green door is not a real door...Well what I mean is, it leads nowhere!
Just for show!
The old Rayburn.....
cooks, provides hot water and heats the cottage.
I have a bedroom downstairs which looks out onto the courtyard.
There is a door in this room which leads out into the courtyard and is lovely to have open on warm summer evenings.......
the courtyard is completely walled so is very secure.
Below.
My bedroom.

My bedroom again looking into the en-suite bathroom.
We bought this window from a Reclamation Yard as we needed the hinges to repair the broken hinges on one of the mullion windows.
I kept this window as I could not just throw it out. it may come in useful!
Good thing that I did keep it,
I have found the perfect spot for it to be!
Bedroom window.

Looking up onto the landing!

The lounge window and part of my blue pot collection.

Lounge window again with Cath Kidston Antique Rose curtains and a Pewter Dish....another great find and only cost £1!

New painted dining room and spotty oil cloth table cloth!
I want to paint the rest of the chairs to match the end chairs.

Shabby Chic shelf.
The stairs lead up from the dining room.

Window sill in the dining room with an old damaged Bull which I bought years ago in Covent Garden. The Milk Churn is a recent buy!

The local Florist sadly closed and this trug is one of the many things that I was able to buy in the closing down sale.
Closing down sales are so sad I think.


Well the Tour is over and now I must go and see what you have all been up to!
Bye for now
~~~

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...