When we decide to start a family we have no idea what is to come do we?
I was so pleased with my three babies and can honestly say that I enjoyed it all, even washing the nappies! Never complained about the sleepless nights or lugging around babies, bags and prams everywhere I went. Every trip out was a marathon, I had a three under 4 years old.
Like most of us, I just got on with and made the most, having very little spare money did not stop us having lots of fun and laughter.
As they grow into adults, so do the worries grow!
At least when they are small children we can fix or replace something broken.
We cannot fix their broken hearts.......
When they loose a toy they treasure, we can always buy them a new one....
When they fight with their little friends, we can get usually sort things out and get them to make up.....
When they are put to bed we know exactly where they are.......
and can then rest soundly ourselves.
Once they become adults we cannot fix everything for them or be with them everywhere they go.
This is when you really know what worries are.
~~~
Hobbies comes in useful.........take you mind off things even for a short while, clear the mind, sort things out and into perspective as we while away an hour or two.
Hobbies comes in useful.........take you mind off things even for a short while, clear the mind, sort things out and into perspective as we while away an hour or two.
I just wanted to try and finish some the of the many crafts that I have started..........
Below are a few nice bits......to take my mind of things just for while.

This book was such a bargain.
I just could not believe the price, it had been marked down to 35p............yes 35p!

It has some lovely projects to follow.
This is a table cloth that my Mother started, but since her illness has not had the concentration needed to finish it.....so I will.
These two small shades have been waiting forever for their new loose lampshade covers!
My latest additions to my 'stash'.......almost too good to use, as they look so nice on the reels.
I have finished the embroidery on this piece of linen.It will be the front of small cushion.........one day!
A scarf I am crocheting. I have used cotton yarn.I love the bright colours.I am not great at this sort of thing, but I have a go.
As they say practice makes perfect.
Some of the gorgeous things that I have seen on your blogs, ripple blankets, bed socks, gloves, all so well made. I would love to be able to make these things. I am a bit impatient, that is my problem.
~~~
And for those of you who are following the progress of little Guy.......
he is fine, we have been to see the vet again and have antibiotics as there is a little inflammation in his nasal passages.....he has the sniffles and sneezes a little.
He is small for his age, but I was praised by the vet for getting him this far, the prognosis had not been good at all!
Freddie has been brought up around dogs, big dogs, little dogs he loves them all.He is so gentle with them.
Fred is now 17 months old and a gorgeous little chap he is!







0 comments:
Post a Comment