My Old Faithfuls !

Well here they are by special request of Michele
This is Lou Lou, she is a Poodle, hand knitted and loved almost to death. Lou Lou is full of holes from all the washing and loving.
She was present from Aunt Bette when I was about 18 months old.
The next image is of Panda, not a very original name I know! He belonged to my brother John and I adopted him when I was born.......John is 12 years older than me and did not look after Panda as he should have done.
Big Ted is the orange bear with one eye missing. I can remember crying when his eye fell out.
I loved big Ted the best. My Mum bought him - in a hurry - she had received a call from my
Godmother who rang to say that she had bought me a lovely Teddy. Mum told that I had one already! Mum knew from previous experience that my Godmothers toys came Big, too big and would arrive on the back of a low loader! So Mum said that she should keep this Teddy at her house for when I visited.
Godmother who rang to say that she had bought me a lovely Teddy. Mum told that I had one already! Mum knew from previous experience that my Godmothers toys came Big, too big and would arrive on the back of a low loader! So Mum said that she should keep this Teddy at her house for when I visited.Mum was right of course, as Mums always are. When we went to visit Godmother Florence I saw the Teddy in a spare bedroom he completly covered the spare double bed!!! I thought Mum was mean not letting me take him home.
Little Ted, as he was known is probably the most valuable of my soft toys. He went with me to infant school every day in his carrycot. He wore little Ted clothes. I think the other three were very jealous of little Ted.
Little Ted, as he was known is probably the most valuable of my soft toys. He went with me to infant school every day in his carrycot. He wore little Ted clothes. I think the other three were very jealous of little Ted.

The song 'You can bring Rose' which is the title of this post, is one that I remember singing with my Dad, does anyone else remember it?







0 comments:
Post a Comment