The Two Brewers
We went out for Sunday lunch. We didn't book, took a chance that we would get a table. After all, if all else fails there is always the local Indian!
Shoreham village was the chosen location and a nice warm traditional pub.
I had roast beef with all the trimmings and a home made Yourkshire pudding....yummmm.
We had a lovely day. It is good for my Dad to get him out and do something a bit different from the normal. Mum doesn't talk much, but she eats well and loves her Gin & Tonic, bless her.
They have been married for 65 years.
My Dad is 87 next March and Mum will be 85 next February.
They love a trip out in the camper and both want to come camping next summer with the whole family. They are a tough old couple, I love them so much, as I type this my blog is playing and song just happens to be 'Unforgetable' by Nat King Cole - it has brought a tear to my eye as Dad would sing this to me when I was a baby.
I was born almost exactly 1 year after my Mum had lost a baby girl called Lorraine.
Lorraine had suffered a massive brain haemorrhage and died a fews days after she was born. Mum said she was perfect to look at, you would never had thought anything was wrong with her.
Dad and my older sister - by 16 years - went home and put all the baby things away and out of sight. The Doctor told Mum and Dad to go home and try for another baby. So here I am...
Everyone thought my Mum and Dad were mad to have another baby after Lorraine died, but if they had not done as the Doctor said they would not be having fun out in the camper with me and hubby would they.........
Sunday Lunch At A Village Pub
7:10 AM |
Labels:
Mum and Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment