I checked my emails today and was so pleased to have received another 'You Make Me Smile' Award from Jen & Jacqui The Bowerbirds's.
Thank you girls I am flattered and want to say that "you make me smile too"!
Today it is cold and I am really pleased that I do not have to go out at all. I have all my supplies ready for the big Sunday roast. I only have 7 for dinner today so a leg of pork will be put into the Aga at 3pm and dinner will be served at 6pm!
I lit the fire and set up the sewing machine.
I had another delivery from Ebay to use, it was some my of favourite material from Kate Forman Designs and as I already had quite a few cushions in this material decided that I would make 3 lamp shade covers.
I love this material - Roses.
Measured and cut to fit over one of my old lamp shades. I then hemmed top and bottom, sewed the edges together and made into a tube. This fitted the old shade and would just slip over it like a little dress!It does not have to be perfect, that is the charm of shabby chic.
I made a little book from a piece of card and covered it with the red gingham material. This forms the shape of the needle wallet. This is then sew carfully, trying to hide the stitches all around the edges.
I edged the material to be the inside page very roughly on the sewing machine, I could have taken more time really to get a neater finish but I just didn't! This piece of material will hold the needles and pins. Place on the fold of the wallet and neatly stitch into position.


This is the finished article, with new pins and needles already in place.
It only took half and hour to make and is a great little project for a beginner.

.jpg)












0 comments:
Post a Comment