Must Have's



Following Sophie's Fab Friday Theme
Must Have's

has asked us to join in with fun which she read about while visiting Tara over at http://www.bellapink.typepad.com/

So, here is my dressing table.


As you can see not too much on display, all my perfumes are out, although I mostly use 'Euphoria' by Calvin Klien and 'Rush' by Gucci during the colder months and something a little lighter and fresher during the summer. I tend only to use a Clarins moisteriser and a Mac eye creme called Fast Response. I do not wear much foundation, but like Sophie hate shine, Mac Mineralize is great as you are not left with any real trace of power. A quick whisk across my cheekbones with benefit dandelion blusher, which is a gorgeous pale pink and ideal for the winter. Mac or Maybelene mascara, and lippy which I cannot leave home without I use Mac lipstick and choose the shade to suit the clothes or event, pale during the day and a bit more colour for evening.

That's it. I can be ready in no time at all.

Another big must have is a nice bath oil or bath salts, I love The Sancuary 'everything' - body creme, shower gel, bath Salt Soak and Hot Sugar Body Polish, yummy. Johnsons baby Naturals are really great too and I love the smell. For a little colour on my pale body....no time to sit and sunbathe, I use Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion.

I have a love for antique mirrors, I have three. Brushes, Mason & Pearson and Air Hedz paddle brush to de-tangle my hair after washing. Mason & Pearson Combe.

Jewellery, I find it hard to pass a shop with a nice display of beads, I love them!I like silver more in the summer and gold in the winter. I do not wear many rings, wedding ring eternity and engaement ring.

I do love some beads though and have so many now that when I go on holiday it is a problem getting them there without them becoming all entangled. I have to take most of them with me or I feel that I am missing something.

My Sanctury I really like my bedroom, but I have really gone off the curtains that I made so carefully and lined with blackout lining. I really want Linen curtains....but as I have Nigella's pale blue polka dot curtains waiting to be finished and the study curtains also in the pile of 'to be made' I have to wait.

That old bed has been with us nearly all our married life, 26 years and is tiny. It was a saturday morning, I woke and hub was there asleep next to me.....he had not long been in bed, as he had just finished a night shift. This was a good time to tell him I wanted a new bed, and it had to be antique......I am going to the Old Kent Road to buy a antique bed, I whispered in his ear......ok he said, in his sort of sleep state !Great. I was off, enlisting the help of a friend. I arrived at an old junk shop in The Old Kent Road, Walworth, called The Golden Gate. There it was, as if it was meant for me. I fell in love with the old bed with its old floor boards as a base. It measured 4 feet wide so the floorboards were cut 3 inches over the sides so it would support a 4'6" mattess.

It was delivered and soon after the babies started to appear in quick succession.

Well, its goodnight from me and I am hoping that some of you join in

C xx















  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...