So what, indeed, is wrong with this picture?
He and his other Scarecrow friends are all covered in snow.
Today.
Today.
As is everything else in the yard at That Old House,
and in the rest of the North East USA.
Today.
Today.
And it is two days before Halloween!
Now you know what is wrong with all these pictures.
Global warming, my eye.
It's a good day to stay inside, watch the snow fall,
and think about all the buried but blooming begonias, geraniums,
and snapdragons that are having the surprise of their short little lives.
and think about all the buried but blooming begonias, geraniums,
and snapdragons that are having the surprise of their short little lives.
| See the lilac tree through the window? I should have noticed it was sagging. Look at the next picture to see its fate. |
Houses feel so different when it is snowing, don't they?
They feel so much more like nests.
And now I'm going to do more nesting; snuggle in, folks!
The snow's not over yet. -- Cass
PostScript
Oh dear. I just looked out the window to the left of my desk.At our big, beautiful lilac tree.
Sigh.
Trees weren't meant to carry snowloads and leaves at the same time.
All the main stems (trunks?) have snapped under the weight.
Dang. Instead of nesting, we should have been outside shaking snow off the branches.
Well, it's half the size it was, but I guess it can always grow!






0 comments:
Post a Comment