So I know I have said this plenty of times before but I am going to say it again, "we live in a home that is over 175 years old!". What that means is that there is always a project going on and will probably always be a project going on. Knowing that, we decided that it would be a good thing for The Girls to know their way around a tool box too.
Enter that super great workshop Lowe's Build & Grow! We love it and The Girls have so much fun. The Husband started taking The Oldest over a year ago and she has build things from race cars, to UFO's, to school lockers. It is too much fun! Last Saturday they were making Fire Engines with a real working siren. We though that would be appropriate since we live 1/2 a mile from a fire station and trucks go blaring down our street multiple time s a day - The Girl's love it (so much that The Oldest is going to be a Fire Fighter for Halloween).
 |
| The Set-up for making our Fire Engine |
 |
| The Oldest, ready to go. I was very impressed with her hammering abilities. |
 |
| The Youngest with a hammer - WATCH OUT!! |
 |
| Showing off our creations! |
Now, I do feel the need to tell you all that there is a slight chance that I may be banned from the
Lowe's Build & Grow workshops. You see, usually it is just The Husband who takes the girls and this was only the second time I had ever been. I was so distracted with trying to get a picture of The Youngest with her hammer that I accidentally instructed The Oldest to hammer a piece of her truck together backwards. And because she is such a good hammerer (is that a word?) we could not get the pieces apart. It resulted in a few silent tears from The Oldest, me in a panic, and the nice person next to us trying to pry the pieces apart with the keys.
The key trick worked and all ended up right in the end but I felt horrible and The Husband keeps making fun of me:/ I really and a handy person - I swear!
0 comments:
Post a Comment