A MAKEOVER FOR A MAKEOVER

Last week I was in desperate need of a makeover.  Thanks to my beautiful mother, I inherited a head full of gray hair.  I've had a few since high school, but now (thanks to my three beautiful children) I have to have my hair colored once every four weeks to cover the gray. Due to some scheduling conflicts recently, I had to go almost six weeks in between appointments.   I'll spare you the before pictures, but let's just say had I tired to get the senior citizen discount at Goodwill last week, they would not have questioned me.

My lovely stylist, Becky, has a cute place just up the street from my house.  I love going there and chit chatting with her for two hours every month.  A few months ago, I offered to stencil a wall in her salon.
I thought it would add a little interest to the main wall you see when you walk in the door.  She ever so kindly agreed and so we did a little swap.  She did a little makeover on my hair and I did a little makeover to her salon.

This is what it looked like before.  


A lovely shade of blue gray on the main wall with the rest of the walls painted a light taupe. 


Wah lah!  A little stencil makeover and now this wall has some personality.


You might remember this Ikat stencil from my powder room makeover.  
I was dying to use it somewhere else.  
This wall was much easier to stencil, since I didn't have to maneuver around a toilet, 
a sink, a towel ring, a toilet paper holder and a light fixture.  
I just had to make sure everything was level and even on each side.  


Oh, and for the record, here is an after picture of my hair makeover.  
It's nothing fancy, but trust me, it is a huge improvement.  

And yes, my sons are wearing stickers that say "The Naked Karate Girls" 
and my middle child is holding a devil's pitch fork.  
I'll blog about that another day, just focus on the hair, people!


I really love stenciling and if you live in the greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area and are interested in having me  stencil a wall or room in your house, e-mail me here for the details.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...