I'm Very Jolly-Minded These Days

The schedule is a bit crazy so this won't be a long post, but I did want to show you what I wear here in Bangladesh.  The long tunic and baggy pants are called shalwar kameezes and I had three made on the first day I was here.  The tailor and his three assistants were working in a room no bigger than our bathroom at home and churned out both mine and my friend's shalwar kameezes in twenty-four hours.  They are made from the softest thinnest cotton and are very comfortable.  I soak my scarf in water before I leave for class and spend my time while I'm teaching wiping my face with it to cool down.  I"m not sure that is the point of it, but that's how I make it work.




On another note - one of my students described a happy child as jolly-minded.  I thought it was such a charming way to describe it don't you think!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...