Cottage Monday


Sunday Afternoons

It is a delight when we are able to be together as a family and enjoy the serene, summer hours of a Sunday afternoon.
Our life has a slower rhythm. It reminds me of the line from the movie, 'Kate and Leopold' where Leopold tells Kate that it is the slower rhythm of his life - of the time he lives in that he missed.


Country living takes on that slower pace in life.
After we get home from church,
I put the finishing touches to our dinner.


We enjoy a leisurely lunch discussing the events of the week, 
topics from church or whatever is on our hearts and minds.
Generally there's a lot of laughter mixed in with our discussions.
Then my husband takes care of church business, my daughter either plays the piano or catches up with news of her friends.



I put away the lunch dishes, reset the dining table and 
take a stroll through my garden.
This afternoon, my husband put in "Pride and Prejudice" as
I prepare a dessert. I was inspired by Cielo sharing her
lovely afternoon preparing an apple tart. We have just
enough apples - so I thought this would be a splendid 
afternoon treat.


While I prepare the tart I can hear the familiar dialogue of
our favorite movie - we have watched it so often we can practically quote every line. 


I listen to the music from this movie quite often - it is very
soothing and uplifting.
After a while, when the temperature cools, I will feed the cats, the birds and do a little work in the garden. Nothing rushed.




Taking time over these tasks is a pleasure. 
We may play a game this evening, have another rousing discussion or watch another favorite move.
I love the rhythm of our Sunday afternoons.

It is a time of enjoying each other's company 
a time to reflect on and to enjoy during the tasks of the 
upcoming week.
I hope you're enjoying your Sunday afternoon.
I am sharing this post with
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at The House in the Roses
Wishing you a most Delightsome day,


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...