I'm so excited to introduce you to my lovely friend, Carmel, from Our Fifth House!
We met a few months ago and quickly clicked! I love her home and all her genius decorating ideas, so of course I was interested in what she's loving and what she's not. Carmel has the biggest heart, too, which only added to my love for her (: Take it away girlfriend...
We met a few months ago and quickly clicked! I love her home and all her genius decorating ideas, so of course I was interested in what she's loving and what she's not. Carmel has the biggest heart, too, which only added to my love for her (: Take it away girlfriend...
Hello! I'm Carmel from Our Fifth House and I'm thrilled to be here today! I just love this series and was so excited when Michaela asked me to share my loves and love-nots. So here I go!
She Loves Me:
1.) Call me crazy but when the summer rolls in I can't help but love the scent of Hawaiian Tropic. This new shimmer effect sunscreen is my new bff! I'm a big "protect your skin from the sun" girl so I wear sunscreen every day, and this one leaves the prettiest sheen (not glitter) on your skin. Of course, for pool time I wear something stronger than a 20 - and you should too - ok getting off my sunscreen soap box now :)
2.) The only good thing that comes from summer television - DESIGN STAR! I seriously can't wait for season 6 to start!
3.) This Anthro dress! I'm loving all the lace dresses and skirts I'm seeing, and I especially love the style and color of this one! Perfectly paired with a gorgeous gold necklace.
4.) Dark hard wood floors. We just had dark bamboo floors laid in our home, and I'm loving them! They are a little high maintenance, but truthfully with 2 kids and 2 dogs everything is high maintenance. I pinned this picture on Pinterest because I love how striking the dark floors look against the white cabinetry. I can't wait for our mini kitchen reno to be finished!
She Loves Me Not:
1.) Chipmunks! Sure they are super cute, but they leave the nastiest holes in your yard. I have at least 2 chipmunks living in my front yard now, and they are tearing up my front mulch beds!
2.) Kids drinking soda. I'm not a health nut by any stretch of the imagination. My kids get their fill of junk food. I personally think it's about teaching moderation. However, when it comes to kids drinking soda I'm of the "just say no" crowd. For some reason to me it just looks wrong. It doesn't bother me to see a middle school aged kid drinking soda, but I cringe when I see a child that looks younger than five drinking a can of Coke.
3.) Judging. I realize that after number 2 you are probably thinking - didn't you just judge the people who let their kids drink soda? Well, I guess I kinda did, but really I'm not casting a judgement I'm just saying it's something that I don't like and don't do. So you see there's a difference :) I believe that we are here to love each other not judge each other.
4.) Floral patterns on nails?! Again, not judging, just saying this is not for me ;) I love me some floral patterns but this seems just a bit over the top. Maybe just one nail - wait - no - even one nail would not be good to me. I'm just steering clear of this idea all together.
She Loves Me Not:
1.) Chipmunks! Sure they are super cute, but they leave the nastiest holes in your yard. I have at least 2 chipmunks living in my front yard now, and they are tearing up my front mulch beds!
2.) Kids drinking soda. I'm not a health nut by any stretch of the imagination. My kids get their fill of junk food. I personally think it's about teaching moderation. However, when it comes to kids drinking soda I'm of the "just say no" crowd. For some reason to me it just looks wrong. It doesn't bother me to see a middle school aged kid drinking soda, but I cringe when I see a child that looks younger than five drinking a can of Coke.
3.) Judging. I realize that after number 2 you are probably thinking - didn't you just judge the people who let their kids drink soda? Well, I guess I kinda did, but really I'm not casting a judgement I'm just saying it's something that I don't like and don't do. So you see there's a difference :) I believe that we are here to love each other not judge each other.
4.) Floral patterns on nails?! Again, not judging, just saying this is not for me ;) I love me some floral patterns but this seems just a bit over the top. Maybe just one nail - wait - no - even one nail would not be good to me. I'm just steering clear of this idea all together.
This was really fun Michaela! Thanks again for including me in this series!
What a great list! Couldn't agree more about the dark hardwood floor and Design Star. I look forward to it each summer! Love what you said about judging, too. Partly why I love the blogging community is because it's so encouraging and uplifting (:
Head on over to Carmel's blog to see some great DIY projects and explore her Fifth House.
Happy Wednesday!
Love,







0 comments:
Post a Comment