Repairing and painting a chair

Chalk Paint


I am thrilled to try my first project with Annie Sloan's 
Chalk Paint.
I have this little chair I use at my dressing table. 

This is my dressing table that I painted a while back.  I shared this with you here. 

I realized it was wobbly and loose. So I took it apart, 
cleaned the joints and applied glue



I painted the chair with the Provence blue - it was a little too dark, so I applied two coats of Old White and lightly distressed the chair.
I then applied the clear wax according to direction. 



I had ambitions to sew a lacy chair pad, but that will have to be a later project.
I am very happy with the results and am now looking for other paint projects.


Have you tried Chalk Paint - it is quite different and I especially like the wax - it gives it a wonderfully smooth finish!


Thank you for your visit. As I was preparing to take pictures a thunderstorm rolled in.  So the pictures are dark. I am quite happy - my dear flowers are getting a much needed drink of water!




I am sharing this post with these Delightsome blog parties:

Transformation and Treasures @ The Pink Postcard

Friday Pretties @ I Love Pretty Little Things

Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home 

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home


Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage

Fridays Unfold @ Stuff and Nonsense

Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence


Wishing you a most Delightsome day,


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...