Makin' it Monday: Caribbean Night

In just a few short weeks we will be traveling to The Outer Banks of North Carolina for a vacation with The Husband's side of the family. We are all very excited for this vacation and are looking forward to chillaxin' by the pool and on the beach. One of the very fun things I am looking forward to is the dinner our family is responsible for (each family is incharge of cooking dinner one night).

Without thinking too much about it - I decided on Caribbean Night and even planned a little Pirates of the Caribbean treasure hunt for the kiddos. But then, I started looking into recipes and menu planning became a bit difficult.

I had big plans of cheating on the Jerk Chicken and just using a store bought marinade, but what about all of the sides? After a long and exhausting search on the Internet, I think I have come up with the menu.

Apps:
Coconut Shrimp

Main Course:
Jerk Chicken with a Mango Salsa
Yellow Rice
Grapefruit, Avocado and Spinach Salad
Glazed Sweet Potatoes

Dessert:
Bacardi Rum Cake

Drinks:
Pina Colada
Red Strip Beer

I'll let you know how it all turns out!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...