Potato Chili Casserole
One of my favorite quick and easy dishes
I love to make for my family is to
bake a potato, fill it with chili, sour cream, onions and shredded cheese.
Last week, I had enough potatoes,but they were not
the baking size. So, I made mashed potatoes - with
sour cream added, topped it with Campbell's Chunky Firehouse or Roadhouse Chili. I usually doctor this up with a can of Del Monte tomatoes - diced with zesty chili and some chili powder.
I sliced one Vidalia onion and topped the casserole with shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I baked this at
400 until brown - about 15 minutes.
To go along with my Potato Chili Casserole I made a
small cornbread cooked in a medium sized cast-iron pan.
Cornbread
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup oil or melted shortening
1 cup Martha White corn meal mix
(this is 1/2 the regular recipe)
* put 2 tablespoons shortening into
the cast iron pan - place into oven
to melt shortening and to heat pan
* Place egg, buttermilk, oil and cornmeal into mixing bowl, stir until just combined.
Pour batter into heated cast-iron pan
bake 15 minutes at 450 degrees.
I am sharing this post with






0 comments:
Post a Comment