Southern Magnolia
While picking some of these gorgeous blooms last week, I was struck by the sheer beauty of the magnolia tree. From beginning to end, there's a spectrum of color that is so very pleasing.
I love the color of the new leaves - top and bottom - and the shades of mature leaves - dark green on top and warm brown underneath. From bud to aged mature bloom, the blossom's color is simply fantastic.
The soft, creamy white of the Magnolia flower contrast's beautifully with the large leaves.
Magnolia trees can grow to great stature, they can have small trees grow within their branches -
perhaps from the amazing seed pods
created by the bees from the center of these magnificent flowers.
Sometimes you can come underneath the low hung branches of the Magnolia to
create serene resting places.
I found this marvelous poem by
Patricia Neely-Dorsey
from her
Celebrations of the South and all things Southern book
THE MAGNOLIA TREE
There's a majestic, old magnolia tree,
That stands in my front yard;
It's a tree that's grown there for ages,
And whose beauty you can't disregard.
She spreads her branches quite nobly,
And her stance is that of a queen;
She stretches her arms so commandingly,
As if certainly crying out to be seen.
She's the center of much activity,
And I know a squirrel family lives there;
I'm sure she affords them much comfort,
For her branches don't ever go bare.
There's so much that's gone on around her,
I'm sure that so much could be told;
But, she keeps all her secrets well guarded
And, simply, remains a sight to behold.
This so well describes the magesty of the Magnolia tree.
Thank you for your visit!
I am sharing this post with these Delightsome parties:






0 comments:
Post a Comment