And that's enough rhyming of things that sound like done!
Because we are. Done, I mean.
********************************************************************
It's Sunday Favorites!
I've dipped back to May 2010, for a little tablescape post.
Like that day, it's brilliantly sunny here these days, after a period of relentless rain.
Enjoy your Sunday breakfast!
********************************************************************
(May 20, 2010)
Come into the conservatory, where the morning light is pouring through the windows,
and we've got your breakfast all prepared . . . .
Please, sit down.
There's freshly brewed coffee, and a special parfait, just for you!
Layers of sliced fresh strawberries and thick Greek yogurt,
topped with crunchy granola and a few ripe blackberries.
Go ahead, dig in . . .
Oh! Don't forget; there's a cranberry scone on the plate!
They struck a chord in me when I saw them -- and they were only $15 so that struck a chord, too --
but it wasn't until months later that I realized why they'd struck a chord.
Take a look at this pattern; it's inexpensive "made in China" stuff called China Garden,
and it is my thrift shop bargain:
When I was first married, I fell in love with a Noritake pattern called Adagio.
I couldn't afford them, so I'd visit them at Kaufmann's Department Store in Pittsburgh.
This is the Noritake Adagio pattern:
Guess what? My Bargain Barn bargain dishes are nearly identical in pattern to the Adagio china I couldn't afford 'way back when.
That pattern clearly imprinted itself in the part of my brain that stores my love of dishes
(and that is a great BIG portion of my brain)
and when I saw it on the thrift shop shelves . . . well, the rest is history.
You know what? I still love this pattern, even in the knock-off china!
To spoon up your parfait and cut your scone, there's luncheon-sized pieces of Ambassador silverplate,
introduced in 1918. Some of it has my husband's monogram: HL.
He was not introduced in 1918, thank goodness.
rather than admit that I was too lazy to run the silver cloth over it this morning.
It's gorgeous, and makes a wonderful placemat.
To wipe the scone crumbs from your ruby lips, a vintage Irish linen luncheon napkin.
It might have been in That Old House since this house was built, but it was not.
I got it on eBay for just a few dollars. I wonder where it's been in its very long life?
Cobalt blue, a rusty red, a bit of gilt. And the marks of much usage and many hands.
The parfait glass is part of another thrift store bargain -- 5 handblown goblets in watery blue.
Now, a confession: I ate the yogurt parfait, but Howard made it.
He asked if it was legal to actually eat something off a blog Tablescape.
I said, Yes!
He also brewed the coffee that I took from the table to the computer. . .
The scone? Back in the bakery box! -- Cass
**************************************************************
Meanwhile, back in 2011,
Welcome Back, Followers!
I don't know where Blogger hid you for the past few days,
but I'm delighted to see you returned to the bosom of the That Old House family!
**************************************************************
For more re-run posts, visit Chari at Happy To Design, for Sunday Favorites. Click here!
For more re-run posts, visit Chari at Happy To Design, for Sunday Favorites. Click here!







0 comments:
Post a Comment