And remember to join me for Funny Faux Pas Follies this Friday.
Welcome to the 37th Time Travel Thursday linky party at the Brambleberry Cottage.
Are you ready for our next trip back in time and into the future?
Great; here we go!
Before I will even consider spending any amount of time outdoors, the thermometer on my porch has to read at least 55 degrees.
Now don't act surprised! I shared my dislike for the cold in my very first post.
But, I'm delighted to announce, the weather is finally warm enough for me to exit my cozy little cottage cocoon.
So, on this gloriously warm spring day, I thought you might enjoy accompanying me on a scenic stroll along the winding country road I live on.
As you exit my drive, you see nothing but thick woods ahead.
However, a mere 250 yards down the road—right across from one end of my little farm—you see the picturesque pond and old timeworn outbuilding, shown in the first image.
Then, as we merrily wind our way further down the road, we encounter the blossom-bedecked farmland you see in the next four shots.
Just behind that glowing hedge of forsythia is an old log barn and a few more outbuildings.
And at the back of that sweet country flower garden—overflowing with daffodils—is an old house, where members of this neighbor's family were born.
This is another lovely scene from the same farm, with the mountain in the backdrop.
As we mosey on a bit further, we come upon the most charming farm, loaded with wonderfully iconic country buildings—like this...
and this.
Of course, this is farm country.
So just imagine acre upon acre of beautiful fields and forests—each dotted with delightfully bucolic structures...
many of which were, at one time, the quaint little dwellings of the relatives of my neighbors.
I realize that this type of seclusion and rusticity is not for everyone.
But I so love living in this peaceful sanctuary and feel blessed that country roads take me home. ;)
Joining Susan for Outdoor Wednesday, Tracie for Cottage Flora Thursday, Suzanne for Vintage Thingie Thursday, and Debra for Vintage Inspiration Friday.
IF YOU LINK TO THE PARTY, PLEASE BE SURE TO LINK BACK TO THE BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE ON YOUR BLOG.

















0 comments:
Post a Comment