Super Moon

Lenten Moon
Last Full Moon of Winter 


According to Nasa, "On March 19th, a full Moon of rare size and beauty will rise in the east at sunset. It's a super "perigee moon"--the biggest in almost 20 years."

I am in awe of the beauty of the moon. Especially a full moon. I have driven home and have caught a glimpse of it as it rises in the east. It never ceases to impress me. What a delight to have such beauty - a gift from God.

Nasa further stated, "The best time to look is when the Moon is near the horizon. That is when illusion mixes with reality to produce a truly stunning view. For reasons not fully understood by astronomers or psychologists, low-hanging Moons look unnaturally large when they beam through trees, buildings and other foreground objects. On March 19th, why not let the "Moon illusion" amplify a full Moon that's extra-big to begin with? The swollen orb rising in the east at sunset may seem so nearby, you can almost reach out and touch it."


I will have to find a spot where I can catch a glimpse of this wonder. Where I live there's a lot of trees and hills - I hope you have opportunity to see this and to enjoy it.

Genesis 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Psalms 8:3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

moon images Nasa; Newsdrome


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...