Fashion Friday #25 + a low bun hair tutorial

Since yesterday I participated in the blogging day of silence, today is Fashion Friday Saturday! I'm currently flying home to California and couldn't be more excited. Earlier in the week I did a guest post for Julia on traveling. I'm an expert now that I fly back and forth all the time (:  
It's supposed to rain this whole week in the Bay Area. Just my luck, right? Speaking of rain, it rained lots here this week...here's what I wore:





Top: Meadow Boutique {yes, I get all my clothes there!}
Jeans: Vigoss
Rain boots: Macy's
Scarf: B.P. Nordstrom

Ready for a picture hair tutorial? My roommate and I tried 17 times to film a vlog, but each time I pressed record we got the giggles (: Pictures work just fine, though!

Recently I've been asked how to do a low bun that stays in place.  Well, I finally figured it out, ladies!


First you want to tease the crown of your head to get some volume. Next, divide your hair into two sections. Starting with the left side, twist the hair all the way down and coil it up in a bun in the middle of your head. Secure with a clear elastic and 2-3 pins.


Then twist and coil the right side all the way down. Wrap that section around the first bun we have created.  Secure with 5-6 bobby pins. Hair spray and you're good to go!

The above bun is a little more fancy because you can see the twists more, but if you want a messier one, just pull some strands out and don't place the coils as neatly around each other. I like doing mine a little more messy with some pieces out in front to frame my fact. Here's another picture of one I did the other day...of course I embellished with a Whippy Cake (:


The point here is to do it in two sections so it's better secured. Mine lasts all day, which is quite the accomplishment for my thick head of hair! Best part is it literally takes 5 minutes once you've done it a few times.  I just shower, blow dry, and pin it up.  Give it a try...tell me how it goes!

Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to enter my giveaway here. It ends on Sunday night and is announced Monday morning! And it kind of rocks (:

Love and Fashion Friday,

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...