Fabric Sale



Great Finds


I had quite the adventure yesterday. 
Twice a year a fabric warehouse/store

these first two creamy fabrics may serve as slip covers for
two chairs or as curtains.

holds their fabric by the pound sale.
It is a bit of a ride away from our home and




we haven't always been able to attend.
Early Monday morning we were able




to go to this sale. I had in mind particular
patterns and coloring that I hoped to find.

I am looking forward to attempting transferring images
onto this material

My daughter basically chose anything that
caught her eye! It was almost overwhelming

these two florals may serve as slip covers 
in the very beginning. We arrived and there
was already a line waiting for the store to open.


As you enter they give you a large plastic bag- I think
I could fit myself in it (I am 5'3).


Bolt after bolt of fabric line the warehouse walls.
piles of cut fabric are in aisles in the center - 

initially I pulled out this red fabric for a friend - but I ended up
taking some for myself - I love this floral fabric -
 

area rugs and small carpets are piled here and there.
There's a table with fabric trimming and barrels

This enchanting fabric may serve as pillows or seat covers
for my dining room chairs.

with ribbon and assorted remnants.
Each woman grabs whatever bolt she likes - 


a lot of them grab several - lug these bolts around
in their giant bags and then sort through them

These delightful creatures remind me of Beatrix Potter

to see if they truly want what they've chosen.
Others are digging their way through the

My daughter found this fabric - I was soo happy!

fabric piles to find that special piece.
There is an element of the thrill of the hunt!


can anyone have too much toile?

My daughter and I were on a timetable - 
she had a class to attend that afternoon -


which was another long journey away.
Well, we managed - I didn't exactly get


the fabrics I imagined - but, what I did find I am 
well pleased with.

Thank you for stopping by! If you have any ideas for 
uses for these fabrics - I'd appreciate your input!
I am sharing this post with
Faded Charm's 
White Wednesday



I was about to wrap up our shopping adventure when I
looked over at one of the barrels. This lace panel was
peeping over the side. It was either a curtain or a shower
curtain with three rows of this lovely lace.
There were rolls and rolls of trim - these seemed
neutral enough to go along with just about anything.


The chair the fabric and trim are resting on is a 
candidate for a slip cover.



Thank you for stopping by! If you have any ideas for 
uses for these fabrics - I'd appreciate your input!

I am sharing this post with

Faded Charm's 


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...