I was tucking my eight year old daughter into bed tonight, I looked over at the dollhouse Santa brought her when she was three. It reminded me of all the work Santa put into that thing. Santa started with a plain wooden dollhouse from Target.
It looked almost exactly like this one.
Santa stained all the floors, painted all the walls, made window treatments, added some amazing furniture, made area rugs, added shingles to the roof, hung family pictures on the walls and even stocked the kitchen cabinets. My daughter must have been a very good little girl that year.
Here it is after Santa's renovations.
Of course, the women are in kitchen.
While the men relax (typical!)
The master bedroom (looks like Daddy snuck off to take a little nap).
The girly girl room.
The laundry room
Wow, after taking these photos, I think it's time for a little redecorating. Looks like I found my next project. Sadly, I have found myself cleaning and organizing that dollhouse on several occasions. I realize Santa gave the dollhouse to my daughter, but I once freaked out a bit when she wanted to move the kitchen furniture to the bedroom and put the bathroom stuff in the laundry room. I quickly came to my senses, let her do whatever she wanted and then quietly put it all back in it's place when she was finished playing. You think I'm kidding! I know, I've got some issues. First step is admitting, right? Anyway, now that she's eight, she doesn't play with it very often, but I will never be able to give it away. Hopefully she can pass it on to her kids one day they will cherish it as much as
I am linking this post to:
Miss Mustard Seed
The Shabby Chic Cottage
The Romantic Home
Somewhat Simple
Just A Girl











0 comments:
Post a Comment