Time Travel Thursday #31 - Now It's My Turn


"We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories.
Some take us forward, they're called dreams."
~Jeremy Irons~


Welcome to the 31st Time Travel Thursday linky party at the Brambleberry Cottage.
Are you ready to share your fondest memories, grandest dreams,
and most creative projects? Great!


A few weeks ago, I showed you the Yankee's first junk jewelry creation.
So this week, I thought I would share mine.

If you remember, the inspiration for his design originated with a vintage
trunk hinge.  As I scoured our numerous boxes of old furniture odds and ends,
looking for my own inspiration, I happened upon
 this fabulous vintage furniture pull. 

I absolutely loved everything about it—its shape, scale, patina...
especially the patina.

It would be my jumping-off point.


Once I found the pull, I moved on to my stash of jewelry bits
and pieces.

This antique watch fob chain had the look I was going for but wasn't anywhere
near long enough.  Hmm...what to do?


After plundering through a few more boxes, I discovered this old
chain belt—well, part of one, anyway.

I had tossed this in a "will do something with this one day" box,
many years ago.  And believe me, it was long before repurposing
junk pieces for jewelry was even popular.


I wanted to add a few girly embellishments to my creation, to soften
the hard lines of the other pieces.

This old mother-of-pearl shoe clip caught my eye—and, of course,
there was only one.


Then I decided a bit of bling was in order, as well.

This 1950s aurora-borealis-rhinestone button and vintage clip-on earring were
 perfect for what I envisioned.


A quick shuffle through another box unearthed this old keychain.  I liked
the heart and key and decided it would be a
sweet addition to my repurposed piece.

Originally, I had thought of using the complete vintage furniture pull. 
But, once I decided to add the jewelry pieces,
I took it apart.

The escutcheon made a perfect background for the shimmery button, and the pull 
went back in my "someday" box.   ; )

AS VIEWED ON A MINIATURE MANNEQUIN
And here's my first junk jewelry creation.

I wanted to create something that would compliment the Yankee's piece,
so the two could be worn together.


I think they play nicely together, don't you?   ; )


Linking to these fun parties:
and Stephanie Lynn's Sunday Showcase Party.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...