Embracing Winter
What comes with a season?
Embracing Winter
We associate Spring with renewed life.
Summer with vibrant growth
Fall with shades of change
and Winter
in some areas it can become very cold and stark.
In my mind, the things that come with winter
mean comfort and rest.
I love looking outside and seeing the structure
of trees and plants – almost architectural.
The sky seems to open up where once was a
canopy of leaves.
The chilly winds cause us to cover ourselves
and to embrace ourselves to retain warmth.
We cover our beds with soft flannel sheets,
blankets and heavier comforters.
We layer our clothing and wear wool scarves,
![]() |
| I love the scene in Le Divorce - discussing how French women use scarves |
gloves and hats. We don boots.
In the home we may throw a blanket or a quilt
over ourselves as we sit for a cup of tea or to read a book.
We light fires to warm the room.
We prepare soups and stews that fill the home
with delicious fragrances that not only fill us
but also warm our spirits.
We see more in the winter. A walk in the woods
or in a park reveals what was once hidden beneath
leaves and brush.
Flocks of birds sweep over our lawns searching for
seeds and berries.
Winter is sometimes associated with the blues –
it is because of the lack of sunlight.
![]() |
| I am encouraged, inspired, restored and enraptured when I have quiet moments rereading Victoria Magazines. |
Isn’t it wonderful how restored one feels no matter
the temperature outside if the sun is out and the
sky is a marvelous blue – we might stand outside, close our eyes
and drink in the brightness and warmth of the sun.
Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall
Each season brings its own special magic into our lives.
Drink it in, rest in it – be restored.
~~~~~~~~~
A Return to Loveliness is a blog party I host each Tuesday
celebrating our efforts to bring loveliness into our lives and
homes and the influence Victoria Magazine has had on
our lives.
To Join in:
1. create a post - copy the permalink to your post
2. add your link and information to the Linky provided
below.
I truly appreciate you stopping by, joining in and every comment!
I'd love you to also visit these very lovely tea blog parties!
Lady Katherine's Tea Time Tuesday
~~~~~~~~~
A Return to Loveliness is a blog party I host each Tuesday
celebrating our efforts to bring loveliness into our lives and
homes and the influence Victoria Magazine has had on
our lives.
To Join in:
1. create a post - copy the permalink to your post
2. add your link and information to the Linky provided
below.
I truly appreciate you stopping by, joining in and every comment!
I'd love you to also visit these very lovely tea blog parties!
Sandi Tea Time Tuesday
A Breath of Fresh Air's
Wishing you a very Delightsome day,
Kathy


















0 comments:
Post a Comment