Go Green!

What do you think of when you see the color green?  Are you refreshed, full of life, or do you straight-up despise it?

Here's the break down:
Green is the color of nature. Duh. It is said to bring life and a sense of freshness to a space, as seen in fresh flowers.  Being on the cool side of the color wheel, it is a tranquil color.  In other avenues of life, we attribute green with money, health, and jealousy.  In the home, though, it often tends to have a calming effect.  Did you know guests on TV shows wait in "green rooms" intentionally, so they can de-stress before their appearance?!  It's true.  How do you feel about green?

1. Green in pattern. Bold:
{Tobi Fairley}

Or more subtle?

2. Green as a pop of unexpected color:
Have you seen Emily's dresser in her office?  Swoon!  Such a breath of fresh air.

3. A more muted green in window treatments or bedding:
{sarah richardson}

{southern living}

4. Pastel Green:

5. Green in fresh flowers:


I'm really loving the pop of unexpected color that Emily (Emily A. Clark) used in her office.  It's fresh and funky, but still totally chic and stylish.  While I wouldn't paint walls a bright kelly green, I do like the lighter greens.  I also think a bookshelf backed in green wallpaper or fabric would be fabulous.  My feature wall in my bedroom is a soft, pale green:


I'd have to agree, it's definitely calming.  

What is your favorite way to incorporate green? Or would you choose to only have green outside your windows? Do tell!

Love and Go Green,

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...