Creating with Clay Part III


Creating with Clay
Part 3
Painting
Your Clay


Your shapes are cut out.
They’ve now dried.
Now, you can create!
~~~~~
The first thing I did was to take a sanding block
And smooth out any remaining rough edge.
I then used an old toothbrush to brush away
Any debris.


(note: I had pictures of the sponge sanding block and
pre-painted clay, but lost them.) 


I chose light ivory, pink and green as my
base colors. The pink and the green were a wee
bit too dark for me so I mixed them with
the light ivory to create lighter versions.
You can see the darker one’s I’ve yet to change.


Let them dry sufficiently again.
I didn’t. You can see this on the green
one stamped 'dream'.
I decided to free hand paint some
and to stamp some.



I used the napkin holder and saucer
From the teacup I shared with you earlier.


As they dried I found some of my paint pens and
inked only the part of some of the stamps
that I wanted to reproduce.
I applied some of these patterns at
Random angles and some just simply added on .


I used a different ink pad as well – it was
a little too wet.
So far I like the majority of the results.


This one wasn’t quite dried and some of the
paint came off with the stamp.
Now, I’m going to walk away from this for a while.
Let them dry and work on
planting my roses.
Thank you so much for stopping by.


~I will post later further steps to complete the clay craft.~


I am sharing this post 
with
Beverly's 
Pink Saturday





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...