Well, I don't know about you, but I'm so wiped out from shopping. My mom and I went to the mall for the second time this week! Oh, and Target, which is a total zoo! I have to admit, we're a little behind in getting gifts. We normally have all of our gifts wrapped and under the tree by now. But little by little, we're getting there and it's okay if it's not done yet. Are you done shopping yet?? Only 10 day's until Christmas! Come on little elves!
Today I wanted to show you some pictures of our little credenza in the dining room all gussied up for Christmas. We inherited the furniture piece from my great grandma when she passed away and I adore it. The richness of the wood is so beautiful. The drawers are a tiny bit hard to open {okay, a lot hard to open}, but it gives it character! {I love that anything that is old or doesn't work well has "character".}
Here's what we {my mama and I} came up with:
Some real greenery keeps the room smelling fresh! The chapel on the far right was given to my mom and her 5 brother's and sisters by their parents one Christmas. It has a husband and wife figurine that goes with it. I've always loved it because I love beautiful, quaint churches covered in snow.
A glass vase filled with fake snow, pine cones and sparkly ornaments!
I found these plain cream candles at Pier1 for a great deal, because they were, well, plain. So I brought them to the next level by rubbing the bottom part of the candle with a glue stick and dipping it in sparkly silver glitter. Now they fit in with the rest of the decor! Cheap way to get fun candles!
We found this adorable picture of my brother and I holding my dad's hands while ice skating at the outdoor down town rink. I was 7 and Colin was 4. He's so cute with his little Sharks hat (: Ice skating is one of my very favorite things! It's personal touches like these that make the Holiday's so special.
Finished product!
Oh-- we got our Christmas cards all finished and picked them up today. My mom and I can't wait to send them out. We're so happy with how they turned out. Can't wait to show you soon!
Does your family do Christmas cards? Do you have any furniture pieces that are special to you? And do you decorate one room in your house for Christmas, or spread your decorations out??
Happy Thursday! I'm sharing this post with Fingerprints on The Fridge
Love and 10 Days 'till Christmas,












0 comments:
Post a Comment