Antiques, Jars, & Flowers...Oh My!

Over the weekend one of my sweet friends from design class offered to take me to her home town of Snohomish, Washington.  Of course I was thrilled!  Partly because she said they have cute shops (:  They had more antique shops than I've ever seen in one tiny town! I think they're the antique capital of the U.S. But really.  I had such a fun day with Sarah (:

{Look at this darling dresser we found!}

First we went into this sweet shop called Joyworks.  I was so excited because the owner, Jana, has a blog that I recently found.  So I met my very first blog friend in person!  Her store is full of adorable decor for your home.  They were just starting to put up their Christmas stuff, too, so I was gettin' lots of ideas.  I ended up finding a great blue mason jar and knew I had to own it.  I love jars and glasses and vases. {Read more on that here}I bought that, along with some burlap ribbon and a small jewel to make a little craft.  Here's what I came up with:

Started with this mason jar...

along with this burlap ribbon and elegant charm.

Wrapped the burlap ribbon around twice, hot-glueing it as I wrapped.  For the finishing touch I added the jewel to the front. Simple way to add instant sparkle.

Here it is on a small nightstand in my room (:

And here it is with fresh roses in the family room.

The next jar I made is one I already had.  It was formally a jar of Tomato Soup from Nordstrom! (My favorite soup ever. And yet another reason to go into Nordstrom.) Anyways.... (:

I started with this clear jar and wrapped the same burlap ribbon around it, securing it with none other than hot-glue. 

Then I found some fabric samples I happened to have laying around...

I cut it into a 1 inch strip and then twisted the fabric:


Next, I started to wrap the fabric around itself to make it in the shape of a flower:

Once it's done, secure the fabric by hot glueing the end. Then flip it over and put a glob of glue on the back, so it doesn't unravel.  {shown above} 

Then you have some adorable fabric flowers!

Next I hot-glued them on the jar and added a chocolate brown ribbon under the burlap. 

All done!

I just loved crafting in my room after I was back from Snohomish (:  So relaxing! 

I'm sharing this post with:

The Lettered Cottage

Love and Cute Jars,

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...