Pink Saturday


The Painting in the Nook
There is a little nook in our bedroom.
On the wall just outside the nook, I have
hung one of my favorite paintings.
A Vase of Flowers
by
Pierre Auguste Renoir


I love how Renoir painted roses.


I love the differing colors and their depths.
I have placed a vase of silk roses to set on a


table below the painting. The vase is not similar
to the one in the painting – but for now it works
I keep boxes from gift perfumes and stationery.


Sometimes I am attracted to them by their boxes.
Atop the box I have very old books, the silver spoon
And the silver letter opener that was my paternal
Great-grandfather’s. I shared some of my treasures
here.





Beside the box I have a wire teacup and
A ceramic rose & hummingbird.

On the other side of the nook I have one of my
maternal grandfather’s chairs. I love the
chairs I have from him. They are low to the ground.


I was actually a wee bit taller than my great-grandfather.
I have paired the rose pattern on the chair with a rose-covered
wreath. 


Thank you for stopping by!

I am linking this post with

Beverly's



at 

How Sweet The Sound

Wishing you a very Delightsome day,

Kathy


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...