
I'm writing this from an 8th floor waiting room at the UCSF hospital as the nursing staff attend to Dan's twin sister Dana. I found a February 2010 Time magazine with an article about the Vibram Five Fingers, a rubber foot glove.
Since first spotting a pair of these on the streets of San Francisco about 3 weeks ago, I cannot seem to go anywhere these days without seeing or reading about these gloves.
I ran into a neighbor walking the park with pair a week and a half ago. She just loves them. A student of Dan's showed up to class wearing a pair a week ago who says they are great for sports. 
According to the Times article, the Tarahumara Indians of Mexico run ultra marathons barefoot or very thin rubber sandals. Apparently, this is their endorsement of this new glove sensation.
I will have to stop by a nearby REI store to try on a pair which costs from $85.00 to $110.00.
P.S. Dana is making remarkable progress. Last week she was moved from the ICU to the facility's step down unit and is currently undergoing physical therapy. A heartfelt thank you to everyone for your continued support and prayers.
Vibram Five Fingers....The Foot Glove
12:07 PM |
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment