
When it comes to refrigerator doors, some people use them to display a magnet collection. Others use those magnets to hold up photos, drawings, and other pieces of paper. And still others prefer the no-magnet look - or are forced into it because they have a stainless steel refrigerator. (Happeez clips are an option for stainless steel - but that's not quite the same as a magnet collection. Update on August 16, 2011: I'm no longer finding Happeez clips, but the Lulalu 360° Click Clips do the same job, and look even nicer.)
As an organizer, I think any of these can be fine. I'd just suggest that if you've got the magnet collection thing going, be sure to manage that collection like any other - make sure you still really like all those magnets. And go through those photos and things, too - make sure everything on the door is something you really want there.
But some people do have firm opinions. Here's Jon Carroll:
One of the least wonderful features of the new upscale refrigerators is that their doors do not hold magnets. Refrigerator door art is a great form of popular culture, and the next time we go refrigerator shopping - which won't be for a while, because of the Great Recession things we found ourselves involved in - I'm taking along a handful of magnets. If they bounce off, that refrigerator is off my list.And Naomi Selden recently featured a clean-the-refrigerator-door tip and got all types of responses.

For those of you who do like using magnets - either on the refrigerator door or on a magnet board - these Scrabble magnets are my latest find.
Related Posts:
A Multitude of Magnets
Yet More Magnets: Magnetic Clips
More Magnificent Magnets
6 Magnets That Made Me Smile
I Just Can't Resist a Good Magnet
[photo by Paul Garland, licensed under Creative Commons]






0 comments:
Post a Comment