O, I got me some free plants! Doin' the little jig of free plant joy. Unlike plants that I have bought or seeded, of course, I don't have much basic knowledge on these, which I can imagine can lead to danger. I am sure none are invasive weeds, but I have a little research work to do on some of them.
Free plant #1. Its a good thing this one is so unusual looking because even after asking twice, I couldn't remember the common name given me, and I kept wanting to call in Jacob's Ladder, even though I knew that wasn't right. Don't you hate that, when something gets into your head that you know isn't right yet it seems to short circuit your brain from any other neural pathway?
This is Alternathera "Party Time" or Joseph's Coat.
Next up a variety of coleus, I'm not exactly sure which.
Then I have received a double red knockout rose, which is going to join my single red one. I have quickly gone from zero roses to 3 roses.
Let's see, what else is in my haul: a couple of sprigs of Bridal Veil (Gibasis Geniculata). Three achimenes bulbs started in little blue pots. A couple of Wandering Jews, as replacements for the ones I accidentally froze to death this January. Not so bad for trading away 6 Hostas, huh.







0 comments:
Post a Comment