I'm sure most of you are aware that today is Earth Day. But, did you know that it happens to be the fortieth anniversary of that environmental movement?
That's right! Forty years ago, today, U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson proposed a nationwide protest to heighten awareness of and appreciation for the earth's environment. Over the past forty years that movement has gained such momentum that it is now observed in 184 countries around the world.
But, April 22nd also happens to be a day of celebration for another reason...
It's my birthday! ; )
And...I have an awesome idea for how you can help me celebrate. Rather than you give me presents, I'll give presents to you! Sound exciting?
I wasn't sure I could come up with the ideas for forty different presents–to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of Earth Day. And, if I couldn't think of forty, I certainly couldn't think of 53–my age, as of today.
So...will 22 do?
But, instead of twenty-two different winners, there will be ONE VERY HAPPY WINNER!
I'm involved in yet another show–which I left for today–so you'll have to wait patiently to see the glorious goods for this giveaway.
But, I will tell you this...
they involve some of the items I've shared with you in the past several posts–items from Cline's, the Big Classic Antique Show, and the Lexington Flea Market . Does that pique your interest?
Good!
Here's the scoop:
- Leave a comment on this post for one chance to enter the giveaway.
- Grab the button for this event from my sidebar and place it on your sidebar (close to the top would be appreciated)–to invite others to participate–and you will get an additional entry.
- Leave a comment on any of my additional posts, between April 22nd-May 22nd, and you will receive an entry for each comment left on those additional posts.
- Join as a new follower, and you will receive two additional entries (Already a follower? You'll be given one additional entry).
- Publish a post, on your own blog, about this giveaway, and you will receive three additional entries...each time you post about the giveaway during the month-long event.
The winner will be announced on May 23rd.
And, although I know the suspense is just about to get the best of you, you'll have to wait a day or so to see just what I have in store for this celebration giveaway.
You'll love it...really! ; )
EDIT: For those just now entering the giveaway, click here to see the goodies in the giveaway.








0 comments:
Post a Comment