Bath

It has been a long time in the makeover.
But I love it, we love it.
I hate to moan, but he takes so long...his work has to be perfect.
Last night after a long day, even though it was very late,
I needed to run that new bath, light the candles and relax.
Bliss.

As the weeks passed,
I would stand
and look as he worked, wanting to say.... can you work quicker?

The Limestone floor tiles were laid down,
moved about and finally numbered then stuck down, cleaned, sealed a couple of times, grouted, sealed again and finally washed, lots!


I wanted the top of the panelling to be chunky.
So even that seemed to take an age.
Matching wood, adding bits on etc.

I was dying to get my paint brush out.
As many of you will know, I love to paint.
So I squeezed into our small bathroom and painted around him as he fiddled with this and that.
It was a hell of job making sure the wall mounted taps were firmly attached to the pipes behind the wall.
We both have a thing about wobbly taps!
The bowl is called Applestone...I think it is a Limestone!?
The cupboard I found after some long searching in a Barn full of Oak.
It will be painted, not yet though and a marble top will replace the wooden top.
After Christmas I think.

The radiator is now working.
But we have no toilet seat, have to wait three weeks for that.
When it finally arrives I will hate the colour of the wood, so it will get a makeover in a shade of white.


The antique wall lamps, one from Suffolk and one from Kent are not the same,
but that does not matter. I would rather two odd ones than new modern ones.
The mirror I found in The Cotswolds. It too will be painted soon to match the panelling which is painted in the colour Frost by Designers Guild.

Another room to display my Heart collection!

The bath is by Fired Earth and called
Victoria & Albert Volcanic Limestone.
It has a lovely soft warm feel, whereas the Limestone Bowl feels like stone.

I am really pleased with the end result - even though it is not quite finished !
The wall are painted in The Little Green Company, Dark Lead.

Time for us to have a little break now.
We will be back soon with tales of our adventures.
Carol
X

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...