No....it never just rains it absolutely POURS!
We had been invited for Sunday lunch at my nephews.
Lovely. I thought!
On route I get a call from my Dad that Mum has had a terrible fall.
She had fallen backwards off the doorstep and landed on the tow bar of my nephews truck!
The tow bar had hit her in the lower part of her spine.
I arrived at Marks house and climbed straight into the ambulance and off we went to Princess Royal Farnbourough A&E where we spent 5 hours waiting to be seen.
After and x-ray confirmed there were no breaks we were all sent home.....just like that!
Two days later my non complaining sweet Mum is vomiting blood, cannot walk at all and is in the most unbearable pain.
After another 999 call my Dad was told, we will call you back after we have considered whether we need to admit her again!!!!!!
Needless to say I rang 999 and was not on my best behaviour........
Eventually a very nice gentleman called me at home and said that an ambulance was going to be sent.
6 hours later and a second opinion from a very nice Dr it appears she has crushed vertibre in her lower spine.
If it were not for the fact that I have suddenly developed symptoms of flu, I would have taken her by hook or by crook to the A&E department myself.....even if I had to find four strong men to carry her in!
My Mum is very poorly in acute pain, but at last under observation on the surgical ward for the next week.
So here I sit with my anti viral prescription for Swine Flu, unable to go and visit her.
I needed to get that out...a good old blog moan with all the four letter expletives removed.Staying in is good really, even if I feel crap.
And look another post in just a few days of the last!
A rare thing these days.
Now for for Nice Bits.
Loving anything Zinc!
Like this Zinc heart which I have bought for my new bathroom.
I have changed my mind.
The taps are mounted on the wall or rather what will be a nice wall once finished.
The dark grey patch is a sample of the colour that I think I want above the panelling.

Gold Chandelier, now painted Cornforth White by moi!
See the lopsided light bulb, goodness knows what has happened here!Still it works OK.
I refuse to use those vile energy saving bulbs.
Come on some genius, surely somebody can design some nice warm glowing ones.

I have been in tidying mode too.
The loft has been cleared out.
Summer clothes stashed in magic vacuum bags from John Lewis and put in loft.
More baskets purchased in an effort to create a tidy home.
I was so fed up with Mr N's pile of papers, leaflets and mags on the floor next to his bed I bought him his very own basket to keep them in!
Lovely!

This oak cupboard got a paint job, cornforth white.

Today is dull, I feel very dull.
Lighting some tea lights and candles somehow always lifts me a little, must be that warm glow.
I was sure I had not thrown her out.
Whilst tidying the loft I found her.
Mary and child.
I am so happy to have her back on display.

I found it in a lovely little shop in Whitstable recently.
I am a bit of a shelfaholic!
I gave it a scrub with the intention on painting it.
After I had cleaned it, I decided that I like the green.
So up on the wall it went.
I am going to save this frame for someone?
So here I sit, blogging, surrounded by my twinkling candles wondering how my poor Mum is and wishing so much I could go and see her....stop here....I feel a tear coming on.
So here I sit, blogging, surrounded by my twinkling candles wondering how my poor Mum is and wishing so much I could go and see her....stop here....I feel a tear coming on.Metal present tags.
Doing nothing much for a change.
I do hope the little chap is OK.
So I am off to my bed now to have a little cry into my pillow.
I want to see my Mum.
C
x













0 comments:
Post a Comment