TableScape Thursday "Playing In The Dishes"


September 23, 2009-ATTENTION FELLOW TABLESCAPERS, Sorry, I entered last week's tablescape. Please visit click here Book & Supper Club Dinner for this week's Tablescape Thursday.
Happy Tablescape Thursday! For more colorful and creative table settings, please visit Between Naps On The Porch blog hosted by the lovely and talented Susan.

Last week's Tablescape Thursdays, host Susan decided to "play in the dishes" which simply meant more eye candy for her readers. I thoroughly enjoyed every setting. So much so that this past weekend I made some time to also "play in the dishes".

Unfortunately, for me, I made the mistake of deciding to play outside in over 90 something degree weather with humidity:-(
So, naturally, to avoid dehydration (Terrified at the thought of passing out from a heatstroke and a dispatched emergency rescue team hurries to resuscitate me only to find out this was brought on because I was "playing in the dishes" outside.) I was only able to set one table for 4 using Spode.

This is simply a mocked tablesetting thus the faux florals.

However, this was also sort of a dress rehearsal for Christmas dinner.

We will be celebrating this year's Christmas at home with Dan's twin sister and her husband as our guests.

We live in Northern California where it almost never snows and quite often, it also does not rain.

If so, then all we'll need is 2 outdoor heaters and our 10'X10' pavilion which is also water-proof(so it says).

My 2 year old table assistant pointing out a flaw in the way I arranged the dinner fork.










I started out with this compote which I liked, but was just too tall making it difficult to get good photos of the table from all angles.



Chargeplate-Noritake
Dinnerware-Spode (Stafford Flowers)
Stemware: Ajka (cobalt stems) etched crystal(vintage, unknown but mother in-law believes its Libbey)
Flatware-Godinger(Cassetti)

The next photos in Sepia tone included dinnerware by Bernardaud from the Elysee collection. I originally thought about mixing two patterns, the Bernardaud & Spode. However, after taking the photos, I decided to change out the Elysee pattern and just use all Spode. I think these images came out better in Sepia.







Thank you very much for stopping by and visiting my tablescape. Again, for more beautiful and unique table settings, please visit Between Naps On The Porch.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...