Weeding the Books: Our Tastes, They Are A-Changin

bookshelf with some empty space

See that empty space in my bookshelf? I've been taking a fresh look at some of my older books - and what a revelation! While the books I'd saved from grade school and college days are still largely old friends, some books I picked up in my 20s and 30s are a different story.

Why did I still have a copy of Go Ask Alice? I did a quick re-read, and wondered why I ever had a copy! I know some people just love Sheila Levine is Dead and Living in New York - but I couldn't even get past the first 30 pages or so. And Illusions is thankfully a quick read - because it did nothing for me.

Which just shows that our tastes change - one more reason to continually be pruning our possessions, of any sort. Those three books have now left my bookshelves, and I'm sure more will be exiting shortly.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...