Just Another Day


Just one of those mornings when I had no special plans.
Love those mornings.
So thought I would invite you in.
Just a quick chat about nothing much.

As you can see the ironing board is out, fan on..... to cool me down as today is one of those humid days and not really the best time to be doing the ironing anyway.

After whizzing through the boring stuff I stopped, looked at the very pretty linens and lace I have collected over the years.
I do love pretty, love lace, white cottons and linen.
They never date....I am always telling Mr N this one.
Surely you do not need more he argues.
Oh yes I do!

So, washing machine loaded yet again, hoover out and on standby, I multitask my morning away.
It is amazing just how much you can do if you start everything at once!
Not all will agree I know, but that is how I am..All or Nothing!

Johanna my baby....not really a baby anymore!
always manages to find the most wonderful clothes.
Here are two un-ironed silk tops, just returned by Katie who borrowed both.
Great when you share clothes!
Both these tops are the palest of peach.
Look at the wonderful embellishment around the neck of one.
Very 1920's which I adore, always have done.

Beautiful cream lace and smocking on a white cotton nightie.
I love this nightie, so comfortable and cool....
I need cool believe me!


I have always been a night dress kinda girl.
And should arrive at my house any morning that I intended to stay in and do housework or even potter in the garden, you will find me still in my nightie even at midday!
Below is another Spanish one, in the finest of cottons with pleating and lace.
Gorgeous.
Not ironed yet!

Little top from French Connection.
A smocked top with gorgeous lace around the neck and little ties just under the bust line.

Ah, and special pillowslips!
Don't you just love getting into a clean bed.
An EBay purchase, that is the pair on the right, edged in lace and made from a silky cotton.
They were not the whitest of whites when I bought them.
But and now after many boil washes, they are quite bright and look much happier!
The Cabbages & Roses Pillowslip is for the nursery bed.
it is new and one of my most favorite of prints.
I prefer a nightie but these rose bud PJ's where too good to resist
and are probably preferable when camping!
Pretty checks, lace and loose fitting are just irresistible.

So ironing now all done. Yippee!
my latest crochet blanky....
that is what Rocco calls them.....
Maybe it will be for someone special.

I have really enjoyed making this one.
I think if you like the colours it is always going to be more fun to make.

Now look here.
Baby Bunnies made for me.
Well for the pram hood really.
I say for me! hehe
Shhhhhh!
My lovely friend Fi made them so beautifully.
I love them, who wouldn't.
Just need to make a ribbon to hang them on now.

Much later in the day......
I had a little feeling that something was going on.
I had a rough idea what it was going to be too.
When Mr N called me downstairs to help him,
I shouted downstairs....no...I am busy.
I felt terrible when he said to come down he had a present for me!
And there she was.
A beauty she is too.
He had even had a basket and a bell added.
Now this is a man who listens!
Sometimes!
Not often but if I go on enough...
it does sink in.
I am going to call her...Beryl!

So now I can be one of the famous five again.
Lets hope I manage to stay on this one!
Remember the last time I was on my bike doing
no miles per hour!
Yes, that was when I broke my leg !
Have fun all.
xCx

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...