Well that was a little bit of a longer break from blog land than I had planned! So much to catch up on...
I am not sure what I have done with the layout of this post....so be patient there seems to be lots of big gaps which I have tried but failed to get rid of!
We have been on our summer holiday, spending one week in North Devon camping and a week on a cruise of the Norwegian Fjords. We did have a week at home in-between, not a good week, but it does not matter now....let's just say all is OK. Thank God,
So here she is, Nigella the sassy van. Our first evening in base camp.
The camp site was North Morte Farm in North Devon, a wonderful, clean, quiet site with everything that we needed and in a super location very close to the beach.
In the camper, my bed and time to show you the pretty heart that Lesley made and I won in her give-away. It looks perfect with the mix of brightly coloured materials I have used in the camper interior. Thank you Lesley, I love it!
We loved this site as it was very quiet and so well looked after. 

The walk from the camp to the beach is lovely. I needed a good walk, I think I used muscles that have not been used in a while, which is a bonus and makes me feel a little less guilty about all the camp food that we were tucking away!
A wonderful rugged coastline.
The weather was ok, although on the day we arrived we did drive through flooded lanes but were licky enough to have a small window of sunshine so the tent was put up Very quickly! The sea was quite rough for this time of year.
But then we had a couple of gorgeous sunny days. Just look at this beach, what more could you ask for.

There were little coves where you take shelter from the wind.... yes this beach is for surfers! not me though, although I must admit I did look at the belly boards or whatever they are called and thought I would like to have a go, maybe next time!
This beach is just a short walk from the camp site and is called Rockham Beach.

Cut into the rock are paths and steps which take you to Sandy Cove. These steps were cut out by smugglers.... so I was told!
Following this path, you are taken to a cove which has a few caves to explore. I found most of my beautiful Sea Glass around these coves.Looking back at this cove as we start to make our way towards the wooden steps which take you up onto the cliff and the path which brings you back to Lee Bay.

Norway

The scenery is simply stunning, it was so quiet, so still, everywhere!

Almost every day we went to a different part of Norway. Two days were spent at sea, which is a good time to just relax, read a little, take a swim, see a film, eat....so much eating with 24 hour service you have to be very constrained!
On oujr way back from the glacier we stopped at this very pretty little church, which was re-built as the fist one blew away!
Bergan was an impressive City. The people so friendly. We were so lucky, Norway was having a bit of a heat wave while we were there!
You would love all the shops!


All Aboard!

Returning to the ship we would sail away with music, dancing and ships horns blowing onto the next port of call. The picture above shows just how close to the land we sail.
















0 comments:
Post a Comment