
If you're going to use a box to hold stuff you use frequently - and maybe even have the box sitting out, rather than tucked away - why not have the box be beautiful? The one above is my own, from Miki's Paper in Berkeley, California. The last time I looked, the store no longer carried these boxes - but you can find lovely boxes a number of other places.
I loved the handmade paper I saw in Venice, and now I've discovered the lovely boxes from Il Papiro. The ones above are from the company's Florentine collection. I'm also quite fond of the Gregorian Chant boxes.
Over on Etsy, JaneBox has some lovely options, made with handprinted paper.
Another way to get a lovely box is to buy a consumable that comes in a great box - and then have that box to enjoy when you've finished enjoying the product. I used to do that with Joseph Schmidt chocolates - sadly, they are no longer around. But what about a lovely box of soaps from Roger & Gallet? [via heysusy; available from Amazon.com, among many others]
Or for those of you who still send snail mail letters sometimes, you could get a beautiful stationery box, like the ones from Brookfield Stationery. The boxes from Rossi are pretty wonderful, too.
Appreciation: Beautiful Boxes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment