11 Hampers (and Such) to Help You Sort the Laundry

3 section hamper tote - colors, darks, whites

So, in your research travels, have you found a sectional laundry hamper that is eco-groovy? Something along the lines of the Ingrid Anderson design, but with two or three compartments (for doing a pre-sort on the laundry), and hopefully not so pricey? -- question posted in comments, from organizer Claire Josefine

Sorry, Claire - I really haven't. But I'll share some of the more interesting products I have found. The one above is the HamperTote from ORE - and the company says it's orange, although the picture looks red to me.


3 section laundry bag - colours, darks, whites

And here's the quite-similar 3-in-1 laundry bag from John Lewis in the U.K. - except, of course, it says colours, not colors.


laundry totes - whites, colors, dry cleaning, laundry, hand wash

These individual laundry totes could also be used for sorting. [via Sarah's Fab Day]


divided laundry cart, willow

This willow divided laundry cart is a different sort of portable option. Update on July 29, 2011: The site I found this at no longer carries it — and to my surprise, I'm not finding it anywhere else, either.


triple laundry sorter

Another popular style is this triple laundry sorter - bags that hang from a metal frame.


triple-laundry-sorter

This triple laundry sorter has labeled bags.


double laundry sorter - couleurs and blanc

And this double laundry basket from Incidence is labeled in French. (Available for purchase from Amazon.fr, among other places) Update on July 29, 2011: I'm no longer seeing this product being sold by Incidence, but the company has a number of other options.


double laundry hamper

The most stylish option of this type is the x-frame laundry hamper from SimpleHuman - there's a single version of this hamper, too. It's widely available.


sorting hamper, colors vs. whites

Then we come to the sorting hampers; this one comes from Kangaroom. Two little pictures distinguish colors from whites.


divided hamper, seagrass

Pottery Barn has this divided hamper. It's made from seagrass, so I suppose it has some eco goodness. It's not inexpensive, though. (You can get a cheaper seagrass divided hamper at CostPlus World Market.)


bamboo laundry sorter

And finally, this bamboo laundry sorter - again, not inexpensive - is made by Wireworks. Update on July 29, 2011: I'm no longer finding this product on the Wireworks web site.

The rest of the June 2009 laundry series:
7 Striking Laundry Bags
6 Laundry Hampers from Around the World
Many More Ways to Store the Laundry

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...