
The first time I discovered this beautiful flowering plant on the US Virgin Island of St. Thomas and again during our last vacation in Samana D.R.
But what is the name?? I searched and searched, took me quite a while to identify the plant.
Here I found the name..http://www.alohatropicals.com/ offers a wide variety of tropical plants with pictures.
Including the one is was looking for.
I am sure my visitors will agree..it is a gorgeous flower!!
Clerodendrum Quadriloculare
A sensational shrub with large flower heads 8" in diameter made up of smaller pinkish/ purple flowers in clusters, the foliage is especially beautiful having dark green on top and dark purple on the underside.
Height to 6' can be pruned for shape and size.
Clerodendrum is a genus of about 400 species of flowering plants in the family Verbenaceae (or Lamiaceae).
Pictures of Starburst Bush, Shooting Star (Clerodendrum quadriloculare)
Wer sucht, der findet..
Ich habe diese herrliche Pflanze mit den grossen Blüten identifizieren als Clerodendrum Quadriloculare koennen.
Sources
http://www.alohatropicals.com
pictures by guild-rez






0 comments:
Post a Comment