A Winter Break

This Christmas I gave a special friend a mid week break in Bath.
A little Us time.
We laughed loads, ate loads and paid a visit to Michele of Cowboy's & Custard, a few little visits in fact! Good old fashioned Girlie Fun, tea and cake galore!

The above image is of The Pump Room by the Roman Baths, a must if you like old style Afternoon Tea. The little sandwiches were so perfect and so delicious we ordered more, then more!


I am sure that I have bell's attached to me.
If I move, someone always shouts my name!
So to leave them all to get on with it and go away for a break was the best medicine I could ask for.

My friend Carole and I also had dinner at Jamie Oliver's new restaurant, brilliant, and such a wonderful building.
Our waitress told us how shy he is, not at all like the cheeky chappy on the TV!
We also ate in Hansel & Gretal, where The Sound Of Music plays (no sound) on the small TV in the cafe area and Austrian singers entertain via mini sound system as you drink cinnamon cappuccino and eat strudel. Gosh this is a list of eating out! may as well add that we also had a wonderful meal in the Thai Balcony....believe me you need lot's of food when it is so cold.


I bought myself some 1810 Pewter (love Pewter) side plates to display in my dining area and another shelf, both of which I will show on a later post once they have been secured to the wall by very useful husband.

The weather was absolutely freezing, we wrapped up well and enjoyed the frosty weather, apart from me keep coming over all hot now and again, can't think why!


Nothing like returning home though........love my home and my family all the more for getting away from them.
Albeit for just for a short while.
Warm Hugs,
Carol
xxxxxxx







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...