Where Did This Week Go?

I have not checked my emails this week or visited any blogs...now I feel a bit guilty. I will set aside some time this evening...very late this evening to pop in and visit Blog Land.
And the Winner of my Christmas Give Away....is....

Sandi @ http://sandimcbride.blogspot.com/ who I have known since I started this Blog and is always such a lovely lady to pop and share some time with.

Sandi if you could email your address to me, I will send off your little Surprise Christmas Give Away as soon as I can. xxx
With the Family Room now 'almost' finished, I thought you may like to see a few pictures.



This is where we are most of the time, together.


Shabby Chic. A relaxed room where the boys can play while I cook or do a bit of crafting, I must confess...I mosty just sit! when the boy's are around.

I am pleased with this room, it is cluttered, homely and cosy.


This mirror had a paint treatment.


This mirror is very old and was dark oak.
I thought is was a little too dark for this already dark corner.
I did think long and hard before painting it.
I decided in the end to just go for it and went for a very distressed finish which highlights the wonderful carvings. It is painted in Farrow & Ball Strong white.


I have spent a day in hospital this week, I am becoming a regular!
A little investigation and a biopsy.

Thankfully it went well, not too much pain.
Just waiting for the results, which I will not be asking for until after Christmas!
Moving on....
Little finishing touches to the Christmas Decorations.

And....
Back to the decorating.
With three dogs in the house I decided that it may be an idea to paint the skirting boards and door frames in Farrow & Ball Light Grey. We also painted the radiator cover in this colour, the doors, picture rails, fire surround and walls in F&B Strong White, which is a very light grey shade.
I have a dark brown leather sofa in this room - which I have covered with two throws, preferring warm colours and soft furnishings now. I had this reading chair covered with a very loose cover in Cabbages & Roses Natural Hately.
I want it to look 'shabby' I told the upholsterer....he had not heard of anything like it before!

And....More Christmas decorations, I made some waxed paper cones to put sweeties in.

Lastly my bargain Stockings from last years White Company Sale, which I have been meaning to embroider our initials on!
Something else on my list of things To Do - that has not been done!

Not long to go now.
I have done everything I can in prep for the big day....just the bread and veggies to buy.
I hope that you all have a Very Merry Christmas, I will be thinking of you all Christmas Day and those of us who will be doing the cooking...probably getting a little hot under the collar must remember, we are not alone !

Carol
X

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...