
He did help me. The bedsides are finished at long last. He watched me as I looked around our bedroom. Give me the paint brush Carol....I am going to clean it now and you are not going to paint anything else in this room......OK!

My Saturday was quite a nice day, at least I got out of the house. Just as well, as cabin fever was setting in. I really think that the lack of sunshine has affected me. I have lost my sparkle. Or maybe it is just my age.
So, Johanna my youngest daughter and I went cottage hunting. Which can be great fun. Off we went to Brede in Sussex. The cottage was very pretty. I knew I would love it when I saw the images on the Internet. It was decorated and furnished in the country Shabby Chic style.. Everything about it was so nice. I would love to show you pictures but I would probably get in trouble if I did.
We then drove to Winchelsea beach. I am still trying to convince my daughter that it would be so nice to live in Sussex. The trains into London are good! Here she is, braving gale force winds.
I love this beach. There is nothing there - just pebbles and sea.Behind the beach, the sea road and fields full of sheep. Nothing to spend your pocket money on!

We then went onto Winchelsea, which is on top of a hill. Winchelsea is a beautiful Sussex village built on the bones of a medieval town. The brilliant white painted weatherboarded houses reminded me of New England style properties. Seven centuries ago, the new town of Winchelsea was founded by Edward I to take the place an older town of the same name which had been lost to the sea in a series of great storms and now lies beneath the waters of Rye Bay. Winchelsea lays claim to be the smallest town in England. I would love to buy a property, but it is probably not to be, it is quite expensive. My photos do not really do the place justice. 
Everything is so nice and clean. I did not see any people at all, apart from a nice lady in the little grocery shop where I bought a prawn cocktail sandwich and a freshly baked crusty loaf.
I could see myself living here quite easily.
Any one of these lovely cottage would be perfect.
Jumping back into the nice warm car, we made a mad dash back to London......home.
This is going to be a horrible long process, buying and selling. After reading some of the nightmares that some of you have experienced, I am wondering why I am doing this.
Nex weekend I will be off somewhere very nice. A little birthday treat. So until then......
Good bye mijn vrienden.






0 comments:
Post a Comment